Saturday, February 14, 2009

Mushy Gushy ??? Maybe...(Pictures!)

I love Valentine's Day. I am not a gushy person by any means...I am a funny girl I love to laugh. But something about Valentine's brings the "gushy mushy" out in me. It gives me a chance to be all gross and sweet. Hey I am sorry but I believe sarcasm is one of my love languages/spiritual gifts (really I do).

So some gushy stuff that is kind of uncommon for me.

Dear Husband,

Keeping the gush to a minimum... 13 reasons why I love you "like a fat kid loves cake".

1. You are one of the most sarcastic people I know. I appreciate that.
2. You are an AMAZING Daddy. Our children love you. You let them climb on you so I imagine you like them too *Grin*
3. You work SOOOO hard. I love that I never have to feel like you aren't doing your best because I know you are.
4. You eat anything I cook and never complain about it being "weird" or not up your alley or whatever.
5. You hug me. Not loose arm crappy ones. The full on bear hug of awesomeness.
6. *Giggles* You make me laugh.
7. You will run to the store for me at 10:00 when I HAVE to have something for the next day and (usually) you never complain.
8. Leanna thinks you are an awesome Bendaroo maker.
9. Hudson thinks you are better than the jungle gym at the playground.
10. You deal with my weird perfectionism stuff and well sometimes knock me back to reality. (figuratively people!)
11. You play playdoh and it is awesome.
12. You hold my hand. All the time. Grocery Store. Hockey Game. Walking. I love that.
13. You love me. 'Nuff said.

I love you,
*Shay*



Dear Leanna,

7 reasons I love you!

1. You get the giggles. FOR NO REASON. I end up with the giggles too. We can't stop. It is awesome.
2. You tell me you love me as "Big as the whole world". It makes my heart melt. I love that you and brother both have a different way to say this to me. (See below)
3. You are funny. Dead-pan straight faced. And still you make me laugh.
4. You are soooo kind. For being 4 you amaze me how often you think of others. It is a trait I hope you always keep.
5. You play with your brother. You have your moments but you play with him. Often.
6. You snuggle. I love this. I know there will be a time when it won't be "Cool" anymore so I am eating it up right now.
7. You don't care what other people think about you. You are your own girl (most of the time).

Love you,
Momma



Dear Hudson,

7 reasons I love you!

1. You give these smiles. You know the one I am talking about. It says... "hate me, want to beat me, but I know you love me anyway". God gave you that smile so I wouldn't kill you.
2. You hold my hand. You get this from your daddy. I love it. It makes my heart sigh.
3. You crawl into bed at 5:00 in the morning...(shhhh....don't tell Daddy) but I like this sometimes too. Especially when you say "It's not wake up time I be still okay?".
4. You are crazy. You will try anything and everything once if not twice(sometimes three). Including flying. You don't believe me that you cannot.
5. You tell me "I love you big as the moon and stars". It melts my heart. I love that you and sister have a different way to tell me this (See above).
6. You play with sister. You have your moments but you play with her. Often.
7. You make me laugh.

Love you,
Momma


So I wanted to put these in my blog so that I won't forget how much and exact reasons (other than they are mine and I love them no matter what) why they make me smile and make me feel warm. I love these three people more than life itself. They make my world go round. Plus when Leanna and Hudson are 14 and 16 respectively I want to be able to show them these. I think i will do this every year. I want them to know what made me smile and laugh and love them more (if that is possible) and I want to remember. Cause well by then I will be old and stuff. I have to stop writing now. I am tearing up thinking about them being old and me being older.

Happy Valentine's Day my friends. Appreciate it and make sure you tell the someones in your life why they are special to you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this idea! And making it a yearly tradition for the kids would be amazing! You're such a great mom :)

Your family makes me smile :)

Enjoy loving on your family today :)

Sarah G said...

Ok, so I'm almost in tears. That's a great idea Shay!

I'll admit I like mushy gushy stuff sometimes too. :)
The pictures of your family are great!