Friday, September 5, 2008

Chatting with the Girls

So tonight I get to hang out with two of my favoritest (it is a word trust me) friends. And I am so excited to do it. Josh (my wonderful husband) is being so kind as to keep the kids a little extra longer tonight so that I can meet with these lovely ladies and chat and have some delicious coffee and something sweet too!

However, I read another blog this morning that kind of hit me in the gut.

"When did men become stupid?"

It used Homer Simpson as an example... Now I don't watch the Simpson's but I do know that Homer is portrayed as a stupid, rude and just generally disgusting man. It made the comparison that we are treating it as though most men are this as the rule and the good ones are the exception.

I hate that people think this.

However I am not going to say that I haven't been guilty of saying probably some hurtful things about Josh to a group of my gal pals or maybe even being smart or rude in front of other people to him.

I hope however that I am not. Josh and I talked the other night and I made sure he felt that I was still doing a good job and that if there was anything I did do that bothered him.

I have a hard time with the submit wives to your husbands aspect of things. It isn't about being a beaten down or a surrendered wife. It is about respect and I want to make sure that I am always respectful to my husband. For several reasons:

1. I want to be a good wife. I want my husband to know that I love him and appreciate him for what he does and how hard he works for our family.

2. I want to be a good example to other young women who don't get to see very many positive marriages and positive examples.

3. I want Leanna to be able to go into marriage with her eyes open and know that it is a hard job. Probably (next to being a mommy) the hardest job I have ever had...BUT it is well worth the work and that having a good, kind, hardworking man that loves you for who you are is important and that being a godly wife is important.

I don't know that I display these things in my everday life but I want to make sure that I am always striving for that. That I am always putting my best foot forward.

No comments: