Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 9...The Bible

I LOVE MY BIBLES. That is right it was plural don't look back... you just did didn't you?

I have several bibles that I have acquired over the years. I like different versions and I enjoy reading the bible. I don't do it nearly enough and certainly not as much as I should.

However I do love it. I love the stories it tells me. The encouragement it includes. I love applying a verse to my life or a current situation that is affecting myself or my family. I enjoy (when we sit down and do it) reading to the kids.

I have a couple different ones that I especially love.

I have a Mom's Devotion Bible. It is awesome. I love that it has life application for being a momma. It is a hard job. I wasn't raised in the church or in a religious family so sometimes it is hard for me to figure out how to make the bible important. Church we have. Prayer we got it. But God's word and application and study. Yeah I am slacking a little bit in figuring it all out. This bible is really fun and easy to read and navigate. I actually have given it out as a baby shower gift a few times now. I love it that much!




Then a good friend of mine Ms. Joyce from the ladies group study I attend on Wednesday nights (while my little people are being taught by someone else!) gifted me with this awesome and amazing bible. It has 4 versions in one bible. It is so awesome to see the different translations. This one stays at home mostly cause it is soooo heavy!

Then one day I got a package in the mail. I have no idea (still to this day) where it came from or from who. So someone has kept a very very good secret or God decided I needed to have it. It was a Busy Mom's Bible. It is so cute it is pink and brown and the perfect size to fit in my purse. I love that I can carry it everywhere with me. I can pull it out at doctor's appointments (there are lots of those) or even while at the park and pushing Nolan in the swing while Hudson runs out some excess energy.

I love to read God's word. I am thankful for the opportunity that I have to have so many in my possession. So many do not have the sort of freedoms that I do for that. I am thankful. Now I just need to get better at not taking it for granted and doing it more often!

Momma to 3
*Shay B*

No comments: