Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 2...Apple Picking

We have created some pretty fun traditions in our family. I love to go out of my way to make awesome and fun memories for my little guys. I want them to know that their momma loved spending time with them and that FUN was important to me.

I want them to have fun but I also want to let them have opportunities to grow and learn in the moments.

One of our favorites has to be our annual Apple/Pumpkin picking trip in October. We have gone every year. We love it. We get up soooo early and we stop at a gas station and get hot chocolate and donuts (and usually gas too) and then we sing songs and play eye spy and talk and it is such a fun time.

Sometimes family goes and sometimes we go all by ourselves. We pick apples and talk about silly things and sometimes serious things. The most important thing is that we are together and laughing and playing and we get to come home with WAAAAYYYY to many apples and some pumpkins and sometimes a bellyache from eating to many apples :)

This year was our 7th annual trip :) We had so much fun.

He still makes my heart pitter patter. I just love him.

Nolan was perfectly happy to sit in his stroller and have some yummy apples to munch on.

Hudson had a blast getting the apples from up high in the tree.

This is the group that went this year.

I love to spend time with my family. This trip is something we mark out on our calendar for months. As soon as the kids start seeing halloween and fall stuff come out they ask when we are going.

So today I am thankful for being able to spend time with my family. For making such a simple trip something so important and fun.

Momma to 3
*Shay B*

1 comment:

Casey said...

Yay! I love to hear other families' traditions! Thank you God, for the exciting change of seasons and the delicious fruit of the trees that gets us out of our houses, into the fresh air, and brings joy to our bones again!