Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Because it has been a minute...

Nolan is getting so big so fast. I often forget he isn't going to be a 'baby' anymore. It makes me sad.

He is 10 months old now. HUGE. Some fun things he is doing now:

- he finally has a tooth in his head and a whole mouthful full of puffiness and "white buds"

- he is pulling up and cruising furniture even

- he is saying "dada" even if it isn't at him

- he is eating tons more solid foods now (even with his only ONE tooth)

- he is pulling his hearing aids off even if he is wearing his hat

- he smiles and laughs and is just starting to imitate people.

There is still really no language development. He squeals and yells and cries but we are working on it. He is trying!

Speech therapy is going well. It sometimes all feels so tedious and for nothing. I know it isn't but sometimes it feels that way. I try not to give into the feelings of frustration. I have to remind myself to slow down and that this will take time, hard work, determination and well faith. I have to remind myself that God decided Nolan could handle this and as his momma apparently he decided so could I.

I love his little laugh and the gleam of mischievousness he gets in his eyes. He has an AMAZING smile. Everyone loves him. He is a pretty special little guy. I sure am thankful for him. Even if sometimes I want to toss him out of the window (you know after he has screamed for 20 minutes straight out of frustration or after the 60th time I have had to tell him to leave his hat or hearing aids alone). All in all I wouldn't trade him though.

Momma to 3
*Shay B*

2 comments:

Sarah G said...

Seriously tell him to stop growing! Sheesh! I LOVE that smile!

Angie said...

I can't believe he's so big! Time for a Hudson update! :)