Friday, September 3, 2010

Zoo Trip

Ms. Beth and I decided to have a last group hurrah before our older girls, Leanna and Cadence, started school. We lucked out to have a day with lower humidity and the temperature wasn't melt-the-mommy degrees outside!

So we got there as the zoo opened. Why you ask? Two reasons: 1. It was cooler out! and 2. We had some kiddos who wanted to pet the stingrays!

The stingray exhibit is a favorite of all of ours. They are amazing, beautiful and so graceful. Hudson wants to swim with them someday. Leanna loves animals of all types, really I wouldn't be surprised if she is a veterinarian when she grows up! However the exhibit costs... $3.00 a person normally or $1.50 a person for zoo members (which thankfully we are!). With a group of 8 of us? That can get expensive.

Now let me share a secret with you... In the first hour the zoo is open... they are free to visit! So is the Children's Zoo and the Carousel.

So we got there nice and early and pretty much walked right in...and the kids had a BLAST!


Then we hit the River's Edge. Hippos, Elephants and Cheetahs and at least 2 of the MUST SEE animals are in that list. The Hippos were in a mood that day though....

And there is always time to play in the fountain too!


Then we climbed the HILL OF HATEFULNESS (more commonly known as Art Hill) to see the Giraffes, Lions, Tigers and Zebras. We also saw the Chimpanzees that day too! We actually saw a lot more this trip then I thought we did!

After this we of course had to visit with the penguins as well! This wall has housed many of our group photos! I think I have at least the last three years on this wall with these very same people (plus or minus a baby depending on the years!)

We also got to visit the Butterfly House this day too. Which is always a great time.

Nolan and Danika did great that day too! They hung out in the stroller way longer than I or Ms. Beth expected them too. Nolan by the end of the day was done. Poor guy.

It was a great day. I am very thankful for St. Louis having one awesome and amazing FREE zoo! We are so blessed. Today was one of the days I am grateful for my city. I am always grateful for fun filled moments with my small people and for memories made with great friends!

Momma to 3
*Shay B*

No comments: