Sunday, September 5, 2010

"I got big at my birthday"

That is a direct quote out of my son's mouth today. Someone asked him when he had gotten so big and Hudson replied, "I got big at my birthday".

He did get big. He seems like a little boy instead of my baby. I know I know he isn't my baby anymore...but can he be for a little longer?

That boy makes me smile. He is such a fun and energetic small person. There is no task he doesn't meet with exuberance. He is friendly and caring. He is whiny and scared. He holds my hand. He likes to have his back scratched.

A conversation today...

Momma: "Hudson what do you want for your birthday"
Hudson: "Momma my dream came true already"
Momma: "It did? What was your dream?"
Hudson: "It didn't rain and I got to be a cowboy with all my friends!"

I love him so much. He has such an awesome little heart. He loves his sister and idolizes Daddy. Daddy can do no wrong! He wants to be a fireman, a cowboy, a pilot, a jumper, 'da Charter Man and a astronaut! He has such a creative and imaginative spirit. There is no game he won't invent or place he doesn't get to travel to.

He loves to run and jump and play. However, he also loves to snuggle. Which to be honest is my favorite thing about him. He will curl up next to me on the couch or in our bed and watch a movie. He holds my hand when we go for a walk. It melts my heart to see him smile.

Happy Birthday my sweet sweet boy. I hope 4 is as awesome and amazing and as TOTALLY WICKED (which is his favorite thing to say right now) as 3 was.

I'll love you forever
I'll like you for always
As long as I'm living
My baby you'll be.


Love Momma

No comments: