Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Incredible Shrinking Shay Returns....

Okay so I am not shrinking very fast but I am shrinking.

So I missed a check in. Or was it two???

When the whole process started you will remember I weighed in at 242 pounds. That is big (even for my tall big boned frame). I was unhappy with myself and decided to get more proactive about it. Thus the Weight Loss Wednesday posts.

I am proud to announce that as of this morning I weighed....

232 pounds!!!! Which makes my total weight loss so far a 10 pounds. That is through the holidays my friends! In 5 weeks I have lost 10 pounds which only averages to two pounds a week. But I'll take it.

I am eating better mostly. Although I am trying to exercise. There are time restrictions on me though so I am trying to find a time of day or days that work better for my family as well as my schedule. Hopefully after all of this crazy weather ends (you know when springtime is here) my gym trips will be more frequent.

Until then I am going to have to get creative with my exercising options... I wonder how many calories curling soup cans while cooking burns???

3 comments:

Sarah G said...

Way to go Shay!! 10lbs is awesome!! yay!!
Do you like exercise tapes? When it was cold and I couldn't walk outside I would do Tae-bo or even those walking tapes. They can get routine after awhile, but if you invest in a couple or see if your library carries them then it isn't so bad. The tae-bo ones are actually really good. I lost quite a bit of wait in College going those. :) Just a thought!
Keep up the great work my shrinking friend!

Shaybplus3 said...

Funny, Josh just picked me up the Billy Blanks Tae Bo beginners yesterday so I am going to give that a try this week and see if it does a little more than what I have been doing. Thanks! I have heard that yoga is really relaxing so I may try that (if they have a DVD at the library) and use it at night while the babies are sleeping.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Anonymous said...

I also recommend Tae Bo! I lost quite a bit of weight doing those here too!

Keep on rockin' it, Shay! 10 lbs in 5 weeks is AWESOME!! Especially this time of year, with all the cold and temptation. Woo hoo!!!