Thursday, December 18, 2008

Gingerbread Houses...


This past weekend was a busy busy weekend for us. Leanna had her final play practice on Friday night from 6:00 - 8:00. Saturday was an early day as we had breakfast with Santa at 8:30 in the morning. Followed with our cousins coming to our house for Gingerbread Houses and the making of them, Sunday was church and Sunday night was the play.

Today's post will show the Gingerbread House portion. (Cause that is the memory card I have with me at work)

We had a ton of fun. The kids got to help pick out the extra candy that was going to be needed to "paint" and decorate the houses. They picked out sweethearts and gobstoppers and smarties and so many other goodies it was almost unfair. (Especially to mommy who wanted to eat all of them)

The girls did one house and the boys did another which made it easiest for Josh and I. He took the boys and I took the girls (that way I could also take pictures). The turned out really well and it was nice to see them put so much effort and thought into it.

This year was extra special because while I have always made gingerbread houses with the kids. Daddy was home for the first year ever to be a part of the always fun and forever messy tradition.
The girls were so very proud of their house. The worked very well together.

The girls working on theirs

This is the boys finished project they were very excited to tell the camera about each piece of candy.


Most of my pictures just didn't "turn" out for my blog. Lots of mouths open and hands in faces and motion. Perfect for my scrapbook not so perfect for the world to view.

Happy Thursday.
Come back tomorrow to see Breakfast with Santa.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun! The kids did a great job!!