Friday, October 10, 2008

TYGF

So today is thank you God for day! I do so love these days it gives me a chance to focus on the positive. I love putting into words the things I am thankful for. It gives me a chance to speak out loud and praise God for the things I most often over look. It can be something as small as a fall breeze or as big as you surviving the terrible two's with your children. Just come on in and speak the words out loud and let us and Him know what you are thankful for.

So TYGF... Thank you God for loooong walks.

I have been taking long walks. Sometimes in the mornings when I wake up. Sometimes at night after the kids have gone to bed. Sometimes after I get home from work and the kids just aren't quite ready to go inside yet.

I love the weather being just right for stepping outside in jeans and a t-shirt or shorts and a sweatshirt (which seems to be my uniform most afternoons after work) and just picking a direction and walking. I love breathing the crisp cool air, taking in the leaves falling from the trees, my kids finding joy in a butterfly or a cricket.

It is so nice to just enjoy. To not be running from here to there. To just walk and take it all in. And hey here's hoping it is helping with the weight loss too!

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: