Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Summing up my feelings this week...

Some houses try to hide that fact
That children shelter there.
Ours boasts of it quite openly--
The signs are everywhere.
For smears are on the windows,
Little smudges on the doors.
I should apologize, I guess,
For toys strewn on the floor.
But I sat down with the children
And we played and laughed and read.
And if the bathtub doesn't shine
Their eyes will shine instead.
For when, at times, I'm forced to choose
The one job or the other,
I want to have a lovely house,
But first I'll be a mother.

--Author Unknown

1 comment:

Jenn said...

What a lovely poem and good thoughts to start the day!! Thanks so much for coming by our blog and entering our giveaway!! I hope this week is full of laughter and fun for you and your family!!

Jenn W
One House Schoolroom
www.OneHouseSchoolroom.com