Monday, August 2, 2010

Project Shay!!!

So I have been working on training the kids, doing bible studies, VBS, MOPS and a new schedule and routine for our household...

Today begins Project Shay.

I have a goal.

It is a hefty (pun intended) goal!

I want to lose 30 pounds by my anniversary. I am going to the gym 3 nights a week. Josh and I talked about it and I have decided I need to do this for me. I have to be dedicated cause it will be easy to say no I don't want to or use a rough day as an excuse but I am tired of not being able to find clothes to fit me at the store. I am tired of my closet having three items that fit me because I refuse to buy anymore to fit me "for now" and then feeling badly when I go out in public.

So it starts today at 9:00 three nights a week and stretching during rest time 5 days a week. After 3 weeks of consistency I am rewarding myself with a new DVD player for the living room to workout the other 2 days a week! With a yoga DVD or something during rest time!

The diet part isn't hard. For me it has been the exercise and the snacking after 8:00 because Josh likes to eat after he cools down. No More! It will be hard but it will be worth it!

And for accountability reasons I am posting these completely embarrassing pictures of my overly large self. I will post pictures every Monday. Josh has offered to take them.

So here is me today...
say by bye bye to the puffy face and double chin!

Adios to the 5 month pregnant looking belly!

Those hips are officially out of control! Time to reign them back in!


Edited to Add: The scale at the gym (where I will weigh every Monday night) stated I was 279.1... Oh my goodness that is a scary number!

See you again in 7 days!

Momma to 3
*Shay B*

1 comment:

Sarah G said...

Way to go Shay! It's SOOO hard to make time for Mom. Praying God multiplies your time and gives you lots of energy to get the workouts in. I just bought Jillian Michaels 30 day shred at Target a few weeks ago and really like it! It was $9,. The best part is that the workouts are only 20 minutes, but the 20 minutes TOTALLY kick your butt!! Good stuff!! Help keep me accountable for working out too. Obviously no matter what I eat my body keeps fat on so the only other option I have is to kick butt exercising. :) You can do it!!