My good friend Sarah has been asking me to give her the recipe for my Crockpot Lasgna and this is the first time I have had a moment to go over the recipes and I decided I really don't use a recipe anymore I just kinda wing it now. So Sarah here is my "winging it" version of crockpot lasagna and it is sooooo yummy!
* 8 (sometimes I use more cause Josh is a hungry man and Hudson well he eats like he is a man instead of a little boy and it makes leftover then)lasagna noodles, uncooked
* 1 lb. ground beef (or less if you don't like as much meat and sometimes I have used ground turkey too)
* Seasonings - Bay Leaves (about 2), Italian Seasoning a sprinkle, some basil, some garlic and onion powder, a smidge of thyme, and some salt and pepper)
* 28 oz. spaghetti sauce I use about a can to a can and a half of Hunts or whatever I have on hand)
* 1/3 cup water (Add a little more water if you use more noodles)
* 15 oz. ricotta cheese (sometimes I use it sometimes I don't)
* 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or Italian Blend or Colby Jack whatever is your favorite sometimes I mix in a little swiss cause well it is yummy)
* To make it a little richer and creamier I will pinch off little pieces of cream cheese and randomly add them to the mixture this is sooo yummy)
1. Break noodles; Place half in bottom of greased slow cooker.
2. Brown ground beef in sauce pan, drain, stir in seasoning. Spread half over noodles in slow cooker.
3. Layer half of sauce and water, half of ricotta cheese, and half of mozzarella cheese over beef. (Add pinches of cream cheese randomly on this step) Repeat Layers.
4. Cover, cook on low 5 hours.
It is soo delicious. I can only make it on the weekends right now because we are gone during the day for longer than five hours. I really want one of those programmable crock pots cause well they are awesome! Hopefully Josh will see this and think birthday/anniversary/Christmas present???
Enjoy this Good family it is delicious and definitely doesn't disappoint!