Friday, March 30, 2012

A night away...

A couple of weeks ago my aunt Carol called and asked if I would go overnight to Kansas City with her. She doesn't drive on the highway (as in never) and she wanted to go visit her sister and get some highway driving practice. So Josh and I decided for me to go ahead and go.

We left on Friday morning and came back Saturday afternoon. It was such a fun trip. We went to see the Titanic exhibit. It was one of THE COOLEST THINGS I have ever seen. It was fantastic. I am such a history nerd. I enjoyed so much we spent almost 3 hours in the exhibit it was HUGE and I probably could have stayed longer. Sadly because the items are in such bad condition and being preserved and special lighting and humidity chambers they would allow picture taking. I was so sad. I saw so many cool things.

Here are a few pictures of pictures they have hanging on the wall before you go into the exhibit.



The history and the stories. It was wonderful. One of the coolest things (in my opinion) they do to make it more real is... at the beginning of the exhibit you get a "boarding pass" and it has the name of a person that was on the ship and their history and their details. At the end of the exhibit there is a list on the wall of the survivors and those that were lost. You find out if you survived or were lost.

Truly an amazing exhibit.

No comments: