Friday, March 5, 2010

You must

"You must do the things you think you cannot do." - Eleanor Roosevelt

I feel like lately that is all I have been doing.

They say that God won't give you more than you can handle. There is a bible verse even about it.

I am having a hard time believing that lately. I am struggling this month, heck to be honest this year. It isn't happening the way it was supposed to. They way I thought it was supposed to happen. My plans have been changed and destroyed and altered and I am having trouble seeing it His way. I know that it is never for me to control. I know that it isn't MINE. I know this. In my head and my heart and everywhere I am supposed to. So why is it so HARD?

Man I know I said I was trying to lighten things up a little but.. this is a journal of all things good and bad. Lord knows it hasn't been a well kept one lately. I am trying to fix that too. I want to remember the struggles as much as I want to remember that greatness and the awesome sauce that our lives are. I do. So I am trying to find time to "do the things I think I cannot do". The stuff I am always running out of time, patience, energy to do take care of handle facilitate. There are a million and one words I could fill that sentence with.

Kick in the face?

The chapter I am doing on the bible study this month...

The lies we believe about PRIORITIES... yeah that has been soooo much fun. Okay God I am getting it... Slowly, stubbornly... I am getting it. Getting it is COMPLETELY different from figuring it all out though. That I am beginning to fear I may never do.

*Shay B*

No comments: