I already had a girl. We were doing great with a girl. I could do girl things, tea parties, hair, dollies, finger nail painting, I mean I am a girl I am more likely to be able to raise a girl right? Right.
Well then we had our ultrasound and the tech said It's a boy. Stunned silence from me. And from Josh...well...OVERJOYED comes within 1/10th of the happiness, jubilation, celebration, party that occurred from my overly silent and controlled man. Me not so much. I FREAKED OUT (silently). Yeah that pretty much sums up my feelings as I lay there relieved that other than being a BOY everything was perfect and beautiful and BIG. (The ultrasound tech really likes to hurt a momma's feelings a boy and he is HUGE all in one day I mean give a girl a moment to process okay?)
Seriously for the next couple of months this was my thought process...
I mean come on he has different anatomy, he is gonna pee standing up, he is gonna like GI Joes, video games, burping and all that weird boy stuff...one question danced in my brain for months. How in the world do you be a mom to a boy? How do I teach him to pee (I really had issues with the potty training thing), open doors for ladies, to say excuse me, to be sensitve and caring.
I know I have issues but it was a stretch for this momma. It still is to this day to be honest. However I know am the momma to two beautiful (I am their momma I can call them that you must call them handsome just ask the boy who talks), active, all mine boys.
So as an encouragement to all mommas to boys or about to be mommas to boys....
I LOVE being a momma to boys... Some things I have learned, experienced, cried about and now I LOVE in the course of being a momma to a boy and now 2 boys to be exact.
Reasons being a momma to boys is awesome...
1. Hugs start with running leaps.
2. Saving money on clothes (however I imagine that I will eventually invest this savings into ER visits..I mean really have you met Hudson)
3. Finding new ways to race toy trucks and cars. (I mean really who knew that a plastic (Dinosaur of course) place mat curled up on the table makes toy cars move faster than the speed of light..I mean besides Hudson)
4. Little boys hold their breath while they close their eyes if sissy is changing in the same room as them (every.time.) or is that just Hudson?
5. Creepy crawly bugs are no longer scary when you have to identify every.single.one.by.name.
6. Boys squish those creepy crawly things after you identify them for them...you know if you scream and act really scared and stuff. (Male egos need to be stroked a little even at the age of 3 sadly.)
7. Wrestling matches in the middle of your bed.
8. They wink and say howdy ma'am all while tipping their cowboy hat if they are wearing it (or at least my guy does).
9. Snuggles. 'Nuff said.
10. He wants to save the momma/princess/queen from the evil daddy/king/dragon every time (even if all Daddy is trying to do is give the momma a kiss poor Daddy).
So whether you are the momma to girls (which I am and I love and there will be a separate post soon about those special little things I love too) or the momma to boys. They both are amazing and wonderful special things about all of them.
Me I am just lucky enough to be the momma to both!