Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hand Turkeys

Monday was a dreary, rainy and gray day. So I was trying to think of something to do today with my older two when I got Nolan laid down for a nap. I happened to call my friend Beth and she had been making hand turkeys with her girls and her nephew. I thought to myself well here we go.

Construction paper, glue sticks, scissors and some imagination and we made hand turkeys. Here are some pictures of our fun afternoon.

Leanna hard at work.

Hudson having fun with a glue stick.

Proudly displayed on the fridge.

The momma took some time and made one too.


All in all it was a fun time. A little crazy afterwards (hey this is my personal journal too) and some attitude issues cropped up. But that night when Daddy came home. They both ran to the fridge to show Daddy the hard work they had done and were so proud of. Guess what they said..."Daddy guess what? Even Mommy made one with us!" Taking time out from washing a dish or folding some laundry while Nolan slept? Sure it meant a little more time after they went to bed to finish up some stuff. But doing sitting down and having a good time WITH them more than made up for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are bee-u-tee-ful! What a fun activity! I love how excited they were to hang with Mommy :)