Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Pray...Vote....Pray...

Today is the day. I have to say all of the economy talk and craziness is driving me CRAZY. I am a pretty patriotic chick. I pay attention and do my research and I vote. I stood in line for two hours this morning to fill in my circles and get my little "I Voted" sticker. I stood in line for two minutes worth of work that could/will effect the next four years of my, my family, my children, my friends, my co-workers and my country's life.

I am terrified. Not in the oh my gosh the world is ending sort of way. Though to hear some people do feel that way (which in and of itself is terrifying).

I am excited because my God is big enough for all of it. My God is in control of all it. Whether we like it or want it (which lets be honest we don't sometimes) He has it. He knows everything before it will ever happen. (I soooo wish I had that power sometimes.) He has it. I just have to remember and trust in that. He has it all of it. I don't trust a politician to save my life and I don't have to either that is the beauty of it. One way or another God's got it and I just have to trust.

So today I stood in line for two hours. I prayed for a good portion of those two hours and then I read some and prayed some and read some. I laughed some. I told jokes some. I had a positive voting experience. I prayed for knowledge, kindness, peace, for our country and its leaders for our states and the people who live in them. I prayed about alot of things. Mostly I prayed for my children and the world that they are growing to be adults in. I know God has that too but I play such a HUGE roll in that. I fail sooooo many times. I fail in lots of parenting things, I lose my temper, I am lazy and I fail them but man I try. Everyone fails including our current leader and the new leader of this country. I prayed for him (both hims) too. Humans fail. We do it is inevitable we aren't nor ever will be perfect (politician or not).

Now I pray for peace. For understanding and for knowledge and for the new leader of our country whomever that may be.

I have rambled and I am sure I have confused. I am sorry.

1 comment:

Sarah G said...

Amen my friend!! Luckily we serve a God that is much bigger than the current headlines of our newspapers. That is what is exciting amidst the craziness of this world. I too pray that our kids would grow up in a safe world and would grow up knowing and believing in the real truth found in knowing and loving the Lord.